Wednesday, July 13, 2016

#SaveWOY - The Movement to Bring Back Wander Over Yonder

Wow, it's been FOREVER since I last made a post here...  It looks just as abandoned as when I first started this blog.  Then again, I never got that much traffic.

Anyway, I'm going to revive this blog a big, starting with a series of posts relating to the Disney animated show, Wander Over Yonder, by Craig McCracken (creator of The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends).  The series was suddenly canceled, right after the staff had already planned out what the overall story would be for season 2 and many episodes were already written out.  Unfortunately, there was a lot left hanging, and set-up for season 3, and they were completely unaware that Disney pulled the plug on them.  Because of this, and because the show's so awesome to begin with, a movement has begun for fans of the series, with the hashtag "SaveWOY" for social media outlets.

I figure I'd do my part by giving my thoughts on the series as a whole, and re-watching every episode of the series.  For some, I'll be giving my initial thoughts, while for others I'll be seeing if my opinions have changed for them.  In the end, I hope my comments on the show will help open up people to it, and maybe even help convince Disney to bring the show back.  Really, if Craig and his team were given just ONE more season, just to tie up the loose ends season 2 left hanging, I'd be satisfied (though I wouldn't mind getting more than that).

I'll be going in the order of when the episodes were produced as opposed to when they aired, since "The Greatest" was meant to be the first episode, "The Picnic" was just meant to be a sneak peek.  I should have it ready within a few days, so please look forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment